Spelling, punctuation and grammar lessons for children aged 5-10, after a year of Jolly Phonics. Each book introduces spelling and punctuation over a 36 week period.
The Grammar 1 Handbook features the following topics:
• vowel digraphs • alternative spellings of vowel sounds
• plural endings • short vowels and consonant doubling
• tricky words • consonant blends • nouns – proper/common/plurals
• personal pronouns •verbs • conjugating verbs – present/past/future
• adjectives • adverbs • a/an/the – when to use
• sentences – capital letters, full stops and speech marks
• parsing – identifying the parts of speech in sentences
• alphabetical order
The Grammar 2 Handbook features the following topics:
• new spelling patterns – ei, eigh, ture • silent letters – b, c, h, k, w
• syllables • identifying the short vowels
• spelling rules – consonant doubling and adding suffixes
• tricky word families • revision of elements covered in the Grammar Handbook 1
• further adjectives – possessive • comparatives and superlatives
• prepositions • conjunctions • dictionary work • punctuation
• exclamation marks • apostrophes • further sentence development
The Grammar 3 Handbook features the following topics
- Continues to introduce new grammar elements.
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar Handbooks 1 & 2.
- New spelling patters – tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/.
- Suffixes -‘less’, ‘able’ and ‘ful’.
- Proper adjectives.
- Nouns acting as adjectives.
- Collective nouns.
- Pronouns – possessive/subjective and object.
- The present particle and the continuous tenses.
- Subject and object in a sentence.
- Questions and exclamations in speech.
Avaliable at emillsbooks